Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Bogged Down....

I am Bogged Down with other things and have no time to Blog much less stamp. But I thought I should post and let you all know that I'm still around and haven't forgotten about you.

I appreciate all the comments you've left and that you're still visiting my blog!

Here's an update on what's happening in "Marieville" for those of you that are interested....

I'm still working on getting my craft room (aka Den) re-organized.

I've now got 2 beautiful black/brown IKEA tables set up (with adjustable legs!).
Tomorrow I'll be ordering a rolling Craft Caddy that fits under my big table for all my embellishments.
And I've got my eye on a 2 drawer lateral filing cabinet that will fit under the other table. Good news is - the filing cabinet is on sale at Staples for almost $50 off regular price! Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to get it home...

I've also been working on hosting 2 e-swaps. I've posted 2 e-swaps on 2 separate groups - one swap is for Thank You cards and the other is for Christmas cards (this one using something red) - and the cards are coming in fast and furious.

What's an e-swap you might ask? Well I got this idea to swap emailed images of cards (with card recipes) instead of actually swapping physical cards (like in the usual card swap).

There are so many advantages to doing an e-swap:
1. You don't have to make a ton of cards - just make 1 orignal card that fits the criteria of the swap.
2. You can use your special/hoarded stuff since you're only making one card.
3. You don't have to rush out to the post office to mail your swaps AND there is no postage necessary!
4. Each card is watermarked with the participant's information.
5. The turnaround for this swap is super quick!
6. You can sign up right up to the last minute since nothing depends on the number of participants.

Sure you don't get an actual, physical card to have and hold but you can still get the inspiration from the card and the recipe to recreate the card BECAUSE I'm "swapping" out a WORD document to all the participants with all the cards and recipes sent in.

I'm so impressed with how the WORD document is turning out - if I do say so myself! It's looking like a Stampin' Up! Regional/Convention Project Document (if you've ever seen one of those you'll know what I'm talking about) or like a mini magazine with a theme.

I'm also impressed with the quality of the cards! There are so many talented ladies out there!

The other thing that's keeping me busy is the store where I work. All those classes that I designed projects for and shared on this blog earlier are happening now and I'm busy teaching customers!

Also, we got a new cash register in the store and I've taken on the challenge of programming it myself and setting up Cheat Sheets and training sessions for the other staff. This is just the first step in further automating the store. The next step will be entering inventory into the PC program, adding bar codes to everything, assigning PLUs and then linking that to the new register system! Coming from a computer programming/systems analyst background I'm really enjoying the "programming" part of this!

Well that's it for me for now. I really should go get some sleep because tomorrow is going to be crazy around here with all the fireworks (yes we have fireworks at Halloween out here in BC!) not to mention all the trick or treaters!

Have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone! AND don't eat too much candy...

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhhh Marie sounds like you are so busy. Your room and cash register sound interesting.
    Yes e-card swap is great, mine is coming today. Once I get another scanner. Thanks for hosting, this is a great way to share ideas.

    ReplyDelete