Sunday, January 20, 2008

Teacher Appreciation Gifts

Does the Parent Association at your children's school do Teacher Appreciation Week?

Well mine does and I've been tapped to provide some simple, cheap and quick ideas for gifts. I'm not actually going to be making them all - just present some ideas and make a prototype!

This year's theme is International. So I'm trying to come with some "global" ideas that and also tying in the Thanks theme for appreciation of the staff and teachers at our school.

The first one is easy - a bookmark with Thanks written in lots of different languages and a calendar on the back.


This next one is earth & flag magnets! Here's a photo of the earth one:





I found a photo of the earth and I've punched them out with the 5/8" circle punch. I glued them (using cyrstal effects) to glass pebbles and added magnets.


I think it turned out so cute!


This next one is a pencil can (from Campbell's soup) covered in old maps and embellished with a strip of grosgrain.

I really liked how this turned out so I made this one for myself!


The crown paper is DIVA by Luxe from their Color Me... line.

I've got some more samples to make - a Tic Tac treat and a chocolate bar wrapper. I'll share those when they're done.

1 comment:

  1. As a teacher, I can tell you that those pencil cans would totally be appreciated. There's nothing teachers love more than organizational tools!

    I think it's really great that your school is doing something like this!

    ReplyDelete