Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Upcoming Wedding Class

It's Wedding Season!

This month and next I'll be offering a Wedding Invite & Favour Class at ScrapArts in North Vancouver.

Here is a sampling of what we will be making.

First up are the favours. I'm making a Vellum Twist, a Triangle Name Place Kiss Holder, a Pyramid Box and a Labelled Tic Tac treat.
Here's a close up of Tic Tac treat. The label reads "Mint to be..." and the date of the Wedding.
The bride and groom's names are on the top.
I used a scalloped rectangle punch (punched it twice and attached them together at the top of the box) to make the mat and then I used a trimmed down 1 x 4 (trimmed to 3 1/2") address label for the personalization.
Next up are 3 out of the 4 Wedding Invitations that I'll be doing in this class.
The first is a portfolio type invitation with a pocket for the RSVP card. The actual invitation is printed on vellum and then heat embossed before the printer ink can dry.
Here's a view of it from the front.
Here you can add a Monogram but I added the bride and groom's names.

I'm sorry I don't have a view of this one closed but basically it just overlaps and then ties closed in a bow on the right side.


This next one is a simple folder type invitation.

The ribbon is tied but meant to be slid off the folder cover so that the invitation can be read. As you can see I'm not the best "ribbon tier" and bows are pretty much a crap shoot for me!
The last one is a pocket style invitation.

The invitation part can be slid out of the pocket.

I like to make the pocket out of double sided paper for more impact.


I'm still working on the fourth invite for this class. I had something in mind but it turned out to be too labour intensive so I'm back to the drawing board. I'll add the 4th wedding invite to this post when I'm done.

One last thing - I often get asked how I make the rounded edge on the portfolio and folder invitation. It's really very easy - I go to my kitchen cupboards and try different plates and plastic lids until I come up with the right one. Then I make a template and use that in the class or on the project!

No comments:

Post a Comment