Sunday, February 3, 2008

Dry Embossing DOTS with the Crop-a-dile

I've received several emails and a comment on my last post with all the swap sneak peek tips, techniques and reminders.


First, I want to clear up that I did NOT make all of those samples pictured. They are peeks at swap cards that I am receiving for a current swap I'm hosting. They were all made by other participants of the swap (the photos are actually marked with the swapper's name).


Secondly, someone has asked about dry embossing dots with the Crop-a-dile. If you haven't already tried this - you must! It is so clever and really a neat technique!


The setting for the Crop-a-dile is A 2 to make the dry embossed dots. The key thing to remember is to not apply full pressure when you squeeze the handles. If you squeeze too hard it will cut through. There is a little click you hear just before you punch through the paper. Practice on scraps and then you'll know what I mean.


Finally, here is a link to Beate's tutorial on using the Crop-a-dile. It's very easy and straightforward and if you scroll through it you will see her demo on dry embossing with it. Pay close attention to her tip on how to line up your dots using the black cube on the Crop-a-dile!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Marie..
    This is very cool and very easy.
    I love my crop-a-dile!!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete