Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Easy Peasy Gift Card Holders!

Andrea Walford recently shared an easy gift card holder tutorial and I set out last night to make some for teacher's gifts.

Yesterday I purchased a BUNCH of Starbucks gift cards and when the Barista offered me the gift card holders I proudly said "No thanks I'll make my own!".


So I prepared to make me some gift card holders - first step was to pick the paper...ok it really was to find the paper in my messy craft room! Seriously the more I try to organize the more my room is a MESS!!!


Next step was to cut the paper - well I couldn't cut it in my room so I moved everything into the dining room.


After that stamp the greeting and assemble.





I think they turned out quite nice and I was surprised how easy these came together. For sure I'll be making these again!

Below is a photo of the inside.
I included a piece of white paper to write a message on for each teacher.

This is the "notch" end that fits into the slice to keep the card closed.


The "notch" is made by punching out on either side with the large word window punch!
Here's a shot of the "slice" that receives the "notch" and keeps the card closed.
Now I just have to figure out what to write inside them....

No comments:

Post a Comment