Thursday, April 16, 2009

Glitter & Gloss Thank You Card Class Samples

These are the samples for my Glitter & Gloss Thank You Card Class.

This first card uses Crystal Effects resist. I'll be doing this one right off the bat so it will have time to dry and then we can sponge on ink afterwards!


I have to admit that this colour combo is out of my comfort zone but it's beginning to grow on me. I usually do this card with pinks and greens but decided to try Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Blush Blossom & Regal Rose.

I really like this tryptic layout because it's so versatile in that you can use different sources for your focal piece. You can randomly stamp an individual piece of white paper or cut up pieces of a one OSW (One Sheet Wonder) either stamped or printed patterned paper.

I coloured in the blooms (stamped in Chocolate Chip) with Blush Blossom and Regal Rose markers and then added the crystal effects (aka Glassy Glaze or Chrystal Lacquer) afterwards. When it was dry I sponged on Certainly Celery shadows.

The next card uses the Cracked Glass technique. The technique is basically layers of clear embossing powder until it's so thick that when you bend it - it cracks! I used 3 layers of UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) and I didn't put it in the freezer as I've done in the past but allowed the pieces to cool on their own and then cracked them.

I had a vision for this card in my head and originally planned to use a different stamp but it didn't work out. It really had me blocked (does that ever happen to you?). I decided to pop into Scrapbook Warehouse in Vancouver (Hi Tayce!) for some inspiration. I found this Hero Arts stamp and it was just the inspiration I needed to make this card.

I also use the Sizzix Top Note Die (from SU!) and the Herringbone embossing folder (from Cuttlebug). The cardstock is Very Vanilla (it deepens when you put this much UTEE on it!), Black and Kraft.

I randomly cut the image out on this sample but I did use the Top Note die to cut the vanilla piece. So I'll let the customers decide if they want to keep it in that shape (just trimming to the stitching) or cut it like mine before they emboss it.

This next card uses glitter, clear glaze jelly pen & black glaze jelly pen (both from Sakura) as well as my home made cloud template.

I stamped the dragonfly first and then coloured it with Lovely Lavender and Pretty in Pink. I then sponged on the clouds using Bashful Blue in and my homemade cloud template (made from milk jug plastic!). I added the Dazzling Diamonds glitter with the Sakura Quickie Glue Pen and applied the clear glaze to the body and black glaze to the eyes.

The "grass" is just a 2 inch strip of Old Olive with a ribbon attached for interest. I used my paper snips to cut down to the ribbon and make blades of grass.
The next (and last) card uses Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder with a tone on tone look.

I saw this card on a blog (sorry I can't remember where but if it's yours please leave me a comment and I'll give you credit!). I found 2 different stamps that I like and the design works with it so I'll offer the choice to my customers.
To make this card stamp first with the same colour ink as the cardstock (Cool Caribbean in this case) and then use your Emboss Buddy (anti-static pillow) to ensure your glitter embossing powder only goes where it should! Then stamp with Versamark Ink and then apply the Irredescent Ice embossing powder.

The last step was to add a greeting - I couldn't decide between the two so I used 2 different ones.


These are not stamps but greetings typed up in MS Word and then printed (see photo of greeting close up below). I added a little bling and it was done! Very quick, easy but elegant!



The Glitter & Gloss Thank You Card Class will be held at Scrap Arts (in North Vancouver) on Sunday May 29th 2-4 pm.

If you're in the area and interested in making these cards please call the store to reserve your space - 604-980-8811.

No comments:

Post a Comment