Thursday, April 30, 2009

Glitter & Gloss Thank You Card Samples REVISED

I'm running this class again at the end of May at the Scrap Arts store in North Vancouver.

It seems that after running it 3 times I decided to make a few adjustments to help the class go smoother (and I ran out of some of the supplies!).

Here's a photo of the "new and improved" Glitter & Gloss Thank You Card class!

We're still doing the cracked glass technique (upper right), stamping and embossing with Holographic embossing powder (upper left), using Diamond Glaze (lower left) and using glitter and the glue pen to accent a card (lower right).But I ran out of the Prima flowers I was using in my previous sample of the dragonfly glitter card so I punched some flowers out using a Paper Shapers flower punch.

And instead of using buttons in the middle (as in my previous sample of this card) I decided to make a glitter swirl using the Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura).

I think I might like this embellishment better than the original!

Another change I made was to the tryptic card. Instead of stamping the images I decided to go with this cherry patterned paper. That meant changing the colour scheme too - so I went with a purple, red and ivory combination.

I added Diamond Glaze (aka Crystal Effects, Glassy Glaze) to the cherries. I think I might like this card better than my original sample as well!

There's nothing like the "macro" setting on my camera to showcase how badly I colour or in this case how much I go out of the lines when adding the Diamond Glaze!!
If you're interested in taking this class please call Scrap Arts in North Vancouver at 604-980-8811 to register!

No comments:

Post a Comment