Monday, May 4, 2009

Diorama Card with Dimensions REVISED

Do you remember this card I shared with you using the Diorama tutorial from Splitcoaststampers?Well I have to tell you that it really bothers me that it doesn't fit in a regular sized enveloped.

I was prepared to make a custom envelope for it but then thought that might incur additional postage and it's always better when a card can fit in the standard sized envelope.

Don't you think?

Sooooo I rejigged it and changed the dimensions so that it does fold and fit into a standard invitation sized envelope.

See - isn't this better?


Here's some more photos of the new version WITH GREETING!

I changed the background piece to white - the clouds show up better when you use the Bashful Blue ink.

I like to use my white gel pen on coloured cardstock before colouring sometimes - like on these Hollyhocks (retired Stampin' Up! wheel).
The new dimensions are as follows:
Back cardstock and front cover cardstock are 4 1/4 x 6 1/2 (scored at 1 inch from each side)
Middle cardstock piece is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 (scored at 1/2 on each side)

Assemble as per the instructions HERE

I'm really enjoying this type of card now that it fits in an envelope!


I was inspired to make another one using this cute stamp from StampingBella called Baby Bella Hanging Bundle.


I used the Nestabilities Labels 3 for the cut out.


I used this retired wheel from Stampin' Up! called Wash Day for the background stamping and I used my homemade cloud template again (yes I do love that thing!).

Here's a close up of the little cutie!

After I cut out the image it was kind of flimsy so I used a piece of clear plastic to secure the bottom to the middle frame.I'm having a lot of fun making these cards and plan to teach others how to make them at my upcoming Big Shot Class at Scrap Arts in North Vancouver.

2 comments:

  1. wow those are great looking cards!!! keep up the great work of art!!

    Lauretta xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us. One day (when I grow up) I might color as good as you! LOL GREAT JOB. Love that type card too.

    ReplyDelete