Friday, October 23, 2009

TIP: Colouring in Embellishments like Ribbon with COPICS

I know it's been a long time since I posted.

I have some health issues to deal with and a severe case of "missing mojo".

Today I was blurfing and came across something that got my creative wheels going and so I wanted to share some tips with you.

I hope you don't mind me sharing the occasional Tip with you....

If you would like to add a tip or link to this post please feel free to add it to the comments!

My tip today is meant to inspire you to use your Copics on more than just paper.

Have you used your Copic markers to make your own custom embellishments - like ribbon, twill, hardware, buttons etc ?

You probably already know that you can colour in pretty much anything with your Copics.

Most of you I'm sure have coloured in ribbon before - use white or ivory grosgrain, silk, or organdy ribbon - and colour with copic markers to get matchy matchy results for your coloured images and patterned paper. You just colour straight on or use the air brush system to do this.

Click HERE to see how Sharon Harnist coloured in her ribbon to match her card project.

What about colouring in your old black/white gingham with a bright green or orange for Halloween? It's super easy and MONEY SAVING!!

Another easy idea is to stamp and twill and use your Copics to colour on accents.
Click HERE but scroll way down to the photo where Michelle stamps the ribbon and then adds stripes with E43 Dull Ivory.

I had an idea to make my own Copic Christmas ribbon using twill after seeing THIS ribbon Sleigh Bells Ribbon from Stampin' Up!

Just the idea so far I've not actually gotten around to making it myself yet!

But I have coloured embellishments to match or try to match a project - I started with the Stampin' Up! Hodgepodge Hardware in Very Vanilla - click HERE to see the post on my blog.

Buttons are another embellishment that you can colour quite eaily with Copic markers or the air brush system:

What about these little Kaiser pearls - click HERE if you don't know what these are -
there are so many colours but why bother with them when you can use the white pearl and colour in your own to perfectly match your project. Not to mention saving on the storage and trying to find the right colour!

These are just a few ideas to get you inspired. I hope you like them and if you come up with some others please share your ideas or links in my comments.






2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back Marie. I have been checking out your blog for a almost 2 years now, love it. My thoughts have been with you, wishing for a speedy recovery.
    Hugs from Vancouver Island
    Tresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow marie great tips....and glad to see you posting and finding your mojo...hard to find when you lose it...lol
    hugs and enjoy all your links and creativity.
    connie

    ReplyDelete