Sunday, April 17, 2011

Easter Egg Nest

Don't you just love this little nest I made? 


It's not my original idea but after I saw it I just had to make one!

It uses the Sizzix Scallop Circle die but if you don't have that you might be able to improvise with a large Spellbinders Nestibillity Scalloped Circle die.

If you would like to learn how to make one of these click HERE for the video from the super creative Brenda Quintana.



While making my nest I came up with these TIPS for you:
  • To make the "grass" I cut thin strips of scrap cardstock (4 inches long) with scissors and then rolled them around my index finger to curl.
  • When I glued the 1 3/4 inch circle to my scalloped circle I glued it to the bottom of the nest rather than on the top as Brenda shows in the video.
  • After I was finished making the nest I rolled the scalloped edge back so that it was a bit "fluted" rather than straight up.


1 comment:

  1. This is just darling!! I love how your nest turned out and I love how you bent over the edges. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete