Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cutting up your embossing folders? What the heck!

I just saw that Sandy MacIver cut up her Finial Press embossing folder - check THIS out! 

If you watch her video she shows you how she cut hers up around the 7 minute mark.

I thought this was very extreme and not something that I would have ever thought to do with mine.

So I Googled it....and you know what other people do it too!

Dawn Griffith also did this HERE where she shows how she cut an oval out of her Petals a Plenty embossing folder. 

You don't have to cut up your folder - you can achieve the same effect by cutting a chipboard mat to use on top of your folder in your sandwich.  Click HERE to see how that is done.

Maybe I'm out of the loop here but I had no idea that crafters were cutting up their folders.  Did you?

I don't think I could do that to mine - I like them the way they are.

If you've done this and would like to share please leave a comment here.

Until Next Time!
Marie

1 comment:

  1. Gee, I'm with you, I don't think I could cut up a folder either unless I bought a duplicate. Last idea the best - get the look and keep your folder intact. Thanks for sharing Marie.

    ReplyDelete