Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Coffee Group Project

A few weeks ago I ran into a couple of friends at Starbucks. I hadn't seen them for a while so we sat down and had a chat. It was so much fun catching up that we decided that we'd start a Coffee Group and get together at each other's houses on a monthly basis.


They're coming to my house tomorrow morning (before my doctor's appointment) and we're going to chat, have coffee AND I'm going to give them each one of these Sunflower tiles.


We all love to paint in different mediums and I thought it would be fun to come up with a little surprise HOMEWORK.

I bought 10 of these tiles from a local sculptor years ago. I'm embarrassed to say how little I paid for them but she was moving houses and needed to unload some of her pieces.

I was going to use them in one of my classes when I used to teach decorative painting classes. That was before I did my decoupage classes, and that was before I offered stamping classes. You see I've been teaching classes out of my home for years!

I've already sealed them all (just with white glue) before I stored them so they're ready to paint with acrylic craft paint.

I think it'll be so cool to see what we all come up with. I'm going to post each one on my blog when they're done. Keep checking my blog for an update on the "tile homework".
Edited to add: My friends loved the homework and can't wait to get started on them. I was trying to get them pumped up - one is recovering from breast cancer and is struggling to find her "lust" for her art. The other is having a hard time taking the time for herself with her elderly parents and aunt all living under the same roof with her.
So I showed them the cards from the Accessory Swap, some of the nugget boxes I made at Valentines, some decoupage pieces and a few paintings and pieces of art that my daughter and I have worked on. They were so inspired and it felt good to me to hear someone say "Marie you've inspired me!".

No comments:

Post a Comment