Thursday, June 14, 2007

What's Old is New again!

I fell into stamping years ago because I needed some "greetings" for a decoupage project I was working on.

In those days I had glass, wood and tile blanks all over the house as well as gallons of white glue and modge podge.

I traded all that in for rubber stamps, ink and patterned paper.
Now I'm finding that the 2 crafts are crossing over. Today I used modge podge on wood blocks in my kids' class and I see that some are doing photo tissue tiles using "decoupage" techniques.



So in light of all the crossing over I thought I would share with you some of my decoupaged tiles.


I made these with tissue paper, printed napkins, white glue and then modge podge on plain old 5x5 WHITE industrial tiles (very cheap).

In some cases I cut out patterns from other napkins & tissue paper to piece together and add to the tiles as borders and also some gold or silver krylon for accenting.

I used ink refills and acrylic paint to add distressing and antiquing.

I hope you like them!




























No comments:

Post a Comment