Friday, November 9, 2007

Gunson Santa meets BG Figgy Paper

I've been looking for a SANTA HEAD image for a long time now. I didn't want him to be too "sketchy" or too "cartoony". Just a nice image to colour in and use for Christmas cards.


My ALL TIME favourite SANTA HEAD stamp is the GUMBALL GRAPHICS SANTA (you can see it here on Nancy's Blog - she used to have one and sold it!!!!).

I also like the Santa Collage from Rubber Stampede . The first one is out of production now and VERY RARE and the second one keeps selling out!




Last week I stumbled upon this one and thought - ooooohhh - I could colour that one very nicely with my new COPIC markers!. So I ordered it from Sherry at Inkspirations and it arrived this week. Very fast shipping I might add!


I also got my 6x6 paper packs of Basic Gray Figgy paper - YUMMMMMY!!!!!


So I put together this card:



Here's a close up of the face & glasses (using Crystal Effects and glitter pen).

Can you see how much I coloured in his hair and beard? I used various shades of light gray COPICS.

This is a close up of the greeting. I used a stamp that read MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS but I omitted the LITTLE by using a black marker instead of an ink pad. I punched it out using the small OVAL punch from SU! and punched out a VELLUM mat using the large OVAL punch from SU!

I picked up some new ribbon from Michaels and thought this black VELVET with red SATIN on the other side would be the right touch for this card.
I like the way it turned out. What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Marie he is perfect! Great work... you are making me want those Copic markers!!!
    Amy L

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most amazing coloring Marie! And his glasses: too perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, you may be able to find the Rubber Stampede Santa at this site: http://www.picturetrail.com/stampinmazie

    I know she had some in stock last week! If you don't manage to get it, I can stamp you out some images, there is an email link on my blog!

    Your card is just gorgeous!!!!! You do beautiful work with the copics!

    :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is ADORABLE!! Love it!! :) just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why does the stamp Santa look so different than the santa on the card?

    ReplyDelete