Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hula Girl Punch Art

Every once and a while I get some inspiration to try something different. 

This morning I was inspired to make this Hula Girl using punches and scrap paper.

She is not very big (3 1/2 x 1 1/2 inches) and would be perfect for a card front or a scrapbook page embellishment.

This is not my original idea - it's been around for a while but I'm not sure who originated it.

Here is the recipe I used to put her together:

As you can see my grass skirt cutting and slot punching is not "perfect" but she still comes out looking quite pretty!

I'm not usually into making punch art but this morning I wanted to try something different and this appealed to me - it was quick and easy - and I even started a new label on my blog for punch art!

You may see more of these in future posts.

5 comments:

  1. Aaaah, but this is too cute, Marie! Thanks for sharing this ... I have one of my punch club this coming friday; would you mind if I were to make this cutie with my ladies?
    TFS,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Marie - I might have to try that one out myself.

    ReplyDelete