I don't know where this came from - I just did it one day and already someone has cased this idea from a card of mine.
So I decided to share it on my blog as a tutorial. I hope you enjoy it!
It's really very easy. I use this technique instead of or in addition to sponging and/or swiping to add interest around a focal point.
This is how it's done:
1. You need a piece of cardstock with a stamped focal image. I'm using this tulip stamp from Stampin' Up!'s Pocket Full of Posies coloured with Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery.
2. Ink up your background stamp - I like to use Stampin' Up! CANVAS background and I'm using Certainly Celery ink again.
4. Next I HUFF on the rest of the inked area to re-moisten it. Yes that's me HUFFING! LOL!
5. I then lay my focal image piece ON the stamp (face down) carefully positioning it so that the OMITTED area lines up with my stamped image.
I press down around the outside edge of the piece to make contact with the stamp as much and as hard as I want.
6. Remove the piece from the stamp and there you go! A nicely edged background stamped focal piece.